Go beyond the automatic “Thank you for your service.”
If you support our military veterans and active duty, then you should share with the world, on Facebook, on your website, in anyplace you publish content how you feel about our military.
Veterans Day is an official United States public holiday, observed annually on November 11, that honors military veterans
Most people give you an automatic ”thank you for your service.”
Most businesses provide a military discount.
If you own a business, I suggest you do the following.
Before November 11th
- Share military photos and or videos. Don’t forget to add a little bit of context.
- Host a photo contest – everyone that stops by your store and get a photo in front of your branded poster 😜
- Share facts that most people don’t know about what means to be a veteran
- Share with people jobs that you did while in the military
- Share your favorite experience while on active duty
- What you don’t like about being a veteran
- Decide if you are going to host an event supporting our veterans or not. and if you are, then create a Facebook event (link to facebook event marketing)
- Invite friends, and partners to the event you are hosting or participating
- Send an email invitation to the event you are organizing or participating
- Add function to your email signature (see video)
- Make a video announcing the event
- On video – Offer military discounts or something for free
- Sponsor or conduct a community military event (and record the event on video)
- Spotlight a specific product or service and donate a specific amount when buys it – announcement with a video
After Novmeber 11th
- Thank your customers via email
- If you haven’t added this event to your marketing calendar, do it now. (See this calendar for inspiration https://s.marketing/marketing-calendar/
- Reach out if you will like help brainstorming and strategizing about his event or future events
- Plan your Veterans Day promotion
- Thank everyone that participated on social media
- Write what went well so you can repeat it next year and what you will like to improve
- Update your marketing calendar