After I started recording videos for two local gyms I noticed that these two gyms in the Tampa, personal trainers and other fitness professionals are making some basic mistakes when it comes to marketing online.
- the staff is not trained
- they copy what others are doing, causing them to no stand out
- are training people to just signup when they provide a discount (and this strategy works less and less with time)
The worst part for a lot of local gyms and fitness professionals is that the continue to share content on Facebook and other social media platforms even when they are not getting results right now.
One reason I noticed that cause lack of results is that the gym owner, the fitness profession is more concern on how to make the sale instead of why my ideal clients buy.
To reset your content marketing strategy you must answer a few questions to get clear.
- What is your business goal
- Who are you trying to reach? Who are you trying to help? Who can benefit immediately after using your product or service? Why people should donate money (for nonprofits)
- Where can you find them online?
- How are you going to make sure this person see your video?
- Increase awareness
- Increase social engagement
- Gain subscribers
- Make sales
Who are you trying to reach?
If you have customers I suggest you look at who is your best customer and who is your worst customers. If you don’t have customers right now, identify who can benefit immediately and who will pay for your product or service.
The list is a list of ideas or topics you can create content about and share of course. This list should come straight from your customer’s mouth. Not from Google keywords or Google search suggestions.
Note: You need this list before you can say, I’m going to take a picture of XYZ or I’m going to create a video about XYZ.
Where can you find them?
When I ask people where can you find your clients, most answer “Facebook” and I proceed to ask them “Have you ask your customers?”
You should ask your customers
- What websites they enjoy reading
- What books they are reading and want to read
- What social media you like the most, and why
Making sure they see it
To make sure your ideal client see your video you, the business owner needs to take responsibility about it. Because if you delegate it, it might not have get done or will not have the effect you hope on the recipient.
- Send this person an email
- Share the video on social media and tag the person
- Send a Twitter DM
- Send a LinkedIn message
And the list goes on and on. The point is that you should create each piece of content, each video thinking about that person, your ideal client, the person that can benefit after watching the video.
Once you answer these question you can decide if:
- You should record behind the scenes videos
- Make an offer
- Record a video testimonial
- Do a video Interview
- Issue a challenge
- Highlight a member of the month
- Showcase a staff member
To make it easier on you I’ve created a questioner with this questions https://goo.gl/forms/fnPhTbSQ7lbAanbf2 complete the questions and decide what video you should record next.
However, if you need help deciding what video you should create next, or refining your marketing plan don’t hesitate and reach out because I’m here to help.